21 Apr Episode 15: Get Food Smart
In this episode of Stay Healthy San Diego, Pia Maffei sits down with Dr. Mat Parker to discuss all things related to clean eating, better grocery shopping, and how to be the healthiest versions of ourselves.
Pia is the owner of the health food market Artisan’s Palate in Temecula, CA.
Additionally, she created the blog I Am A Clean Eater, the author of the “The 10 Commandments of Clean Eating”, and has an amazing online self-study course on how clean eating called Get Food Smart, Get Real! teaching people how to become clean eaters.
Listen to this episode to learn:
- What it actually means to eat clean (…it’s definitely not what you think)
- How to avoid the “diet lane” trap
- How to understand the “What Am I Buying Pyramid?”
- What exactly deceptive marketing is and how to avoid it…
- What a CSA is and how to buy from a local farmer
- Cleanses vs. Detoxes….what the heck is the difference?
- Pia’s incredible online self-study course, Get Food Smart, Get Real! and how you can become a clean eater
- ….And MUCH More!
To learn more about Pia and her wonderful resources for clean eating you can find her at:
Website for the course: www.getfoodsmart.com
Website for blogs: www.iamacleaneater.com
Link for CSA: https://www.localharvest.org/csa/
Thank you for listening and remember, you Stay Healthy San Diego!